What is routerlogin.net?
Routerlogin.net is a web address to get the local access of your Netgear Router where you can make both basic and advance changes. These changes can be in the wireless settings or firmware upgrade everything is possible through routerlogin.net. It should be understood that we are specifically talking about Netgear routers because routerlogin.net do not work on other routers i.e routerlogin.net only triggers the netgear firmware. So if you have Netgear router routerlogin.net can give you access to a place where you can customize settings according to your needs.
What can you do on routerlogin.net ?
As we told you earlier routerlogin.net opens up the settings dashboard of Netgear router which makes following changes possible :
(Its advised to take technical supervision while accessing these functions on routerlogin.net)
- If you recently changed your ISP(internet service provider) you can simply run setup wizard to configure new connection.
- SSID change and wireless password change can be done in the wireless settings.
- Routerlogin.net also provide access to the attached devices on your network. So the intruders can be checked here.
- Firmware upgrade can be done from inbuilt dashboard which is the most brilliant feature of routerlogin.net. Netgear regularly upgrade the firmware’s of their router to provide stability patches and security updates which can be done from Firmware Upgrade tab on dashboard.
- Port Forwarding and Port Triggering can be done from the dashboard of routerlogin.net by entering the port numbers and selecting the device from the list. This feature enables gaming devices, VOIP phones, multimedia devices and plenty of other services in your home network.
- DMZ settings can be enabled. Some gaming devices like play station, Xbox and Nintendo require opening of multiple ports which is kind of complicated but routerlogin.net makes it possible with just one click. Go to DMZ enable it put the ip address of the device and that’s it done!
- Mac cloning can be done for certain internet service providers from internet setting in routerlogin.net.
UNABLE TO OPEN ROUTERLOGIN.NET
Now lets come to the main problem which most of us using Netgear routers face while opening routerlogin.net. The first and the most frustrating problem is web browser just keeps on spinning without opening up the page. This can be fixed by removing the cache and temporary files. The other problem is when your login information does not work while entering the username and password which can be fixed by calling the support number (1-800-280-0640) and giving them your model number and serial number.